As planners, decorators and lovers of all things beautiful and unique we love the stories of the something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue, to see how a unique idea can be incorporated to add that final and personal touch to a couples special day. Our team has done just this for our lounge display as we have something beautifully borrowed.
Stop by our booth during It’s My Wedding Bridal Show on January 16th & 17th at the Abbotsford Tradex to see the vintage bridal lounge we will have on display. We have borrowed a few timeless pieces from our friends at Spruce Rentals to offer brides a resting pit stop and a chance to win some additional prizes.
To Enter to win one of our Instagram contest prizes, snap a picture sitting in our stylish display using our hashtag #valleybrides to be entered to win and tag a friend.
Follow us on Instagram! @sequel_events @valleyweddings @sprucerentals
Here at Sequel Events we believe that professional planners are essential to putting on the perfect event. We speak from experience in planning our own events and from our passion to assist our clients in planning their event. So here are our 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire a Professional Planner:
1. Saving You Time
You may be short on time normally, so when there is a major event happening that you are the planner for, things can get a little hectic. In order to enjoy the planning process and have some peace in your life, hire an event planner! They are practiced time-savers and are always figuring out the most efficient and organized way to do things.
2. Saving You Money
You probably have a budget, tight or not, for your event. The best way to stay in budget and still get everything you want is to hire someone who has experience and can tell you very accurate estimates of the cost of everything. They can also find you the best quality of service for the best price. They will know when you might be getting close to going over budget and can find ways to avoid that and still give you the event you’ve dreamed of
3. Being Able to Breathe
Amidst the hustle and bustle of planning and preparing for an event it can be easy to forget to do some important things, like taking time for ourselves. Allow an event planner to take on the details and sometimes tedious work that goes along with this process and give you space to breathe…and eat…and sleep.
4. Working with Experience
We hire professionals to do many things in life, such as a real estate agent to find your dream home, plumbers to fix the pipes. hair dressers to fix our hair up nicely…you get the picture. So why not hire a professional to plan your event? Going into the planning process people sometimes assume that it will be rather simple to pull everything together, but then little details are missed and the big day ends up turning into a mad rush to the finish line. A professional planner does this for a living and they have your best interest in mind, so trust them to save you time, keep you under budget and over all help you to enjoy your event.
5. Hiring the Right Vendors
Professional planners have solid relationships built with the best vendors for your event. On your own it can be very difficult to find the right vendors for things such as catering, linens and florals (to name a few). How do you know that their quality of work is what you are looking for? Why go through ten different catering companies before finding the right one if you don’t have to? If you have a professional planner on your team then they can listen to your needs and provide you with a few vendors that are perfectly suited to you and your event.
6. A Seamless Day-Of
On the day of your big event would you like to enjoy seeing everything come together flawlessly, be able to socialize with your guests and not worry about the little details? Of course you would, and with a professional planner that is what will happen! You will have a person in your corner who knows the ins and outs of your event and can see any bumps in the road before they even appear. A planner will look at the event in the months leading up to it and use their imagination to envision anything that could go wrong. Then they will make sure that they have a safety net in place for all of those possibilities. That will allow you to sit back, relax, and have a wonderful time.
7. Creativity at Your Fingertips
Do you have some great ideas, but don’t now how to make them happen? Or do you need some help coming up with ways to make your event achieve the ‘wow-factor’? Professional Planners are there to help you create a one-of-a-kind event and make your dreams for it tangible. They are a creative tool right at your fingertips and are full of unique and innovative ideas!
8. A Built-In Mediator
During the planning of an event there can be many different opinions involved. A professional planner can be very helpful when it comes to navigating through all the opinions and helping to make the right decision. They will be your mediator and help to keep everyone satisfied in the end!
9. Point of Contact
There are many people involved in the happenings of an event. Nearing the day-of, you may have a question or an alteration but aren’t sure who to talk to. A Professional Planner can be the one person you go to for all of your questions and then they can take it from there. Goodbye confusion! Goodbye misscommunication!
10. Creating a Timeline and Sticking to it
It is important to have a time-line for planning your event. With all the things that need to be done this can be a little overwhelming! A Professional Planner will create the time-line for you and make sure that everything follows it. This ensures that in the days leading up to your event you will not be stressed out and you will be able to look forward to the big day!
Attending a Bridal Show? Free Advice from Sequel Events & Valley Weddings.
Attending a Bridal Show can be a valuable way for Brides to make contacts and get most of the leg work of wedding planning done, here are some quick tips on how to get the most from this exciting experience.
- Pre-Register for the show(s) you would like to attend – Most bridal shows will pre-sell tickets online, to save yourself some time and where possible the line ups pre-purchase your tickets.
- Bring a sidekick! – The vendors and guests might be overwhelming for some brides to navigate through the crowds. You value the opinions of those close to you so why not bring them along to support you in making the important decisions and help with your hunt for the perfect vendors. Not to mention they can help you fill out ballet entries after your hand cramps up from filling out another contest form.
- Be Organized – As a planner/ decorator organization is key, bring colour samples, photos, magazines or written thoughts of what you are looking for and pre plan out the vendors you wish to speak with. If you are not sure where to start no worries as our team is here to help with the planning, decorating and we can even suggest some great vendors from our own experiences.
- Be Practical – Have an idea of your budget and look for vendors that are able to work within your budget or those who have suggestions on how not to break the bank or can suggest alternate options within your budget.
- Ask Questions – Come with a list of questions to ask at the bridal show and don’t be afraid to ask about payment details, contracts (read the fine print), and for samples of past work or customer references.
- Schedule Follow Up Meetings – We are happy to meet with our brides after a bridal show and look forward to it as it gives us another opportunity to help you with the planning and decorating process. If you happen to meet us at a bridal show be sure to schedule a follow up meeting as we book up fast!
- Keep Calm & Bridal On! – Breathe, relax and keep dreaming. Enjoy every part of this process and take your time at the show.
Best Wishes & Happy Hunting! XOXO– From Sequel Events & Valley Weddings
We look forward to meeting you at the It’s My Wedding at the Abbotsford Tradex, January 16 and 17.
Attention Brides! Free Tickets to…
It’s My Wedding – January 16th & 17th, 2016 at Abbotsford Tradex
Congrats to all the newly engaged brides, we are looking forward to meeting you at It’s My Wedding at the Abbotsford Tradex January 16th & 17th. Sequel Events is teaming up with Valley Weddings to offer brides the ultimate bridal experience!
To enter to win a pair of tickets to the show (3 lucky brides will win 2 tickets each) compliments of Valley Weddings…
- Like Valley Weddings Facebook & Sequel Events Facebook pages
- Like & Share our contest posts on Facebook
- Comment on our Facebook contest post & tag a friend that you would like to take with you to the show!
Contest ends January 12th at midnight, tickets must be claimed within 48 hours of winners being announced.
January 16 & 17th, Sequel Events will be at the It’s My Wedding Bridal Show at the Fraser Valley Trade and Exhibition Centre / Tradex in Abbotsford, BC. The Sequel Events team will be joining Valley Weddings to offer brides some fabulous show promotions and some amazing prizes. Be sure to check us out on social media for a chance to win tickets to the show and for those already attending the show a chance to win one of two grand prizes courtesy of Valley Weddings and Sequel Events.
Brides, our booth will be a must see for more than the beautiful display, stop by and meet our dream team and learn about how we can help you with the planning and decorating process for your wedding. Or if you are looking for vendors we would be happy to guide you in the right direction and give you some free tips.
We look forward to meeting you at the show!
Follow Our Lead
Be social and follow our lead. Check us out on social media and subscribe to our newsletter.
Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Langley, Hope, Vancouver, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Hope, Richmond, Surrey, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Whistler, Kamloops, Kelowna, Oliver, Osooyos